National Nut Day!
It’s October 22nd and you know what that means, right?! It’s National Nut Day!
Let’s celebrate this fun holiday with a “nutty” holiday treat!
PUMPKIN SPICE CANDIED NUTS RECIPE
cook time: 10 MINUTES total time: 20 MINUTES
12 oz raw mixed nuts
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
- Toast 12 ounces of raw mixed nuts in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Make sure you stir the nuts constantly, until fragrant, roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and butter. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Mix in the water and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and power the nuts in an even layer onto parchment paper.
- All the mixture to cool completely, roughly 10-15 minutes. Once cooled break the mixture into pieces.
- Eat them fresh or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe and image courtesy of: thenovicecheftblog.com